Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer


The Dead and the Gone
The Dead and the Gone is written by Susan Beth Pfeffer and the sequel to Life as we Knew It. It is a book that is great for middle school kids and teens.
The book's main character is Alex Morales and his family is from Puerto Rico so he speaks spanish. He is a normal 17 year old teen with a job at a pizza
parlor with 2 sisters, 1 older brother, a mom and a dad, his uncle and aunt. His sisters are Brianna and Julie, Brianna is 14 and Julie is 12. Carlos is
his older brother and he is in the Marines. His mom works at the hospital in the Queens and his dad was in Puerto Rico at his moms funeral. When the asteroid hit
nobody thought that anything was going to happen, but it turned out that the moon got closer too the earth and since the moon controls tidal waves a bunch of tsunamis
hit all the coastal countries. And then New York City started to flood and the subways and electricity didn't work, and both Alex's parents aren't home. So that meant that Alex was in charge until they got back. There would still be school on Monday. And the day after the asteroid hit his uncle got him and Julie to help him clear the store so robbers wouldn't get the food. So then he told them that they could grab as much food as they needed, only if they helped him. After 2 days Carlos called and said he was being moved to a different position and his mom was still not home. Alex lost his job when he went back to Joey's and got paid before so they still had money. Nothing on Broadway street was open everything was shut down. So what can happen next.

Danielle J
Mrs. Bennett
Period 1

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle, I want to read that really badly. But first, I want to read "Life As We Knew It".

Kiana Belencita Coronado-Ziadie said...

hi danielle cool blog this is amazing I did not now that this was a good book I wish now I read "life as we knew it".

Anonymous said...

I loved "Life As We Knew It", so I'd really like to read this sequel! It doesn't really seem like a sequel, but it's the same occurence happening at a different person's perspective! I'll try to get my hands on it! *Thanks for posting this!*

-Maryhel

Anonymous said...

I think it is probably a grand book! But I have one question.... Is the book in Miranda's point of view or someone else? I read Life as we Knew It and I must get my hands on it! -Sharly

Anonymous said...

Hey Danielle!That book seems ausume !I 'll raed it latter since i've already read the book Life as WE Knew It.

Michelle A.

Anonymous said...

o this is for kimberly life as we knew it is a wonderful book so ya you should read it.... and good job

Anonymous said...

hey daniel, i was gonna read that book now you all most retold the whole book thanks a lot. (i did not know you could write so well):) Just kidding


Mariam h