Tuesday, January 13, 2009

UGLIES

I read the book UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld. I chose this book because I saw that this book was different from any other book I have read. Also because in the cover of the book UGLIES it said that it was one of ''New York Times Bestsellers. What this book is mostly about is a teenager named Tally. Tally is about to turn sixteen. And everyone said that you had to stay ugly until the age sixteen. At the age sixteen surgeons will give you an operation on your face to make you a pretty, and go live at the city of ''New Pretty Town.'' But her best friend Shay doesn't want to turn pretty. Will Tally ever turn pretty? Or will she stay ugly for life?

''I'm not afraid of looking the way I do, Tally.''(UGLIES PG.84) The major problem in this book is that Tally's best friend Shay doesn't want to turn pretty. But Tally does want to turn pretty to see all her other friends that turned pretty. If Tally has the operation she might never see her friend Shay again.

I liked the book. The book UGLIES was very special to me. I couldn't stop reading the book! I have never read a book just like this one. I recommend this book to all teenage girls. I recommend this book to teenage girls because if I liked it and all my other friends liked it that could mean that a lot of other teenage girls would love this book. This was one of the best books I have ever read.

MICHELLE A.

MS.BENNETT

PERIOD 3




Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. See how it works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this sound prettyy good cause I would like to know what would happen to their relationship. I probably would read this book. Great blog! -Sydney J.

Anonymous said...

I read this book and i enjoyed it. It's good to hear that you liked it too! You are so right about the fact that you couldn't put the book down!!

Emily

Unknown said...

when i read it i couldnt put it down eaither! it was an amazing book and your review told a lot about it!








Mia C.