Monday, January 5, 2009

the Face On the Milk Carton

I read a book called The Face On the Milk Carton by Caroline Cooney. One of the reasons I chose this book was because so many of my friends and classmates have read it and reccomended it. Another reason I chose this out of the booklist was because when I read the back it sounded interesting. Lucky for you, you don't have to read the back. Just read this. The book is mostly about a girl named Janie Johnson seeing a picture of a 3-year-old who has her old dress on the "Have You Seen Me?" side of a milk carton. She at first takes observations on her parents, to see if they kidnappe her. Her friend tells her that she needs her birth certificate and passport to recive her liscense. When she asks her parents for her birth certificate, they are unable to give it to her. Now she is very suspiscious. Throughout the book, she finds clues, and her curiousity eventually leads her to ditching school so she could drive to where the kidnapped kid's family lives.
"'The girl on the back of the carton,' whispered Janie. How flat her voice sounded. As if she had ironed it. 'It's me.'" That is what Janie says right
when she notices the girl on the carton. Her name is Jenny Spring. It said she was kidnapped in a mall in New Jersey. Janie remembered that dress. When she tells her friends, no one takes her seriously. Janie (Jennie?) realizes by the end of lunch that she was kidnapped.
I think this may have been one of the best books I've ever read. You know it's great, because by the first chapter, she's already seen the carton and
left wondering. The way Caroline Cooney details every page is amazing. I had four weeks to read my book, but I read it in three or four days. If you're looking for a book you can't put down, I'd definitley reccomend this. I'd mostly direct this book to girls who like Nancy Drew. I found them to be very similar. Definitley read this if you like mysteries.

Kimberly
Ms. Bennet
Period 1, English

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read face on the milk carton too, and i completely agree that it was a great book. I couldn't put it down once I started. Since I loved The Face on the Milk Carton i read the next book in the series. It wasn't as great, but I loved your blog. It tells a lot about the story of Janie, I mean Jennie.

Michelle K.

Dannie J. said...

Kimberly, I have read this book too because I also
agree. It was a very good book and I think you did a good job describing the whole plot and not giving away the ending. It was also a good mystery and you made me read it again and again. And now I want to read the next book.

Anonymous said...

That was a very interesting blog. I have always
wanted to read this boo. I just wonder. Is it any good?

-Michael C