Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Something Wicked This Way Comes

The book I read was Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I choose this book because I love books that make you want to read the next chapter! My book is about 2 boys named William Halloway, and Jim Nightshade who figure out what happens when a twisted carnival comes to town! They meet up with Mr. Corosetti the barber, who smells the cotton candy and tells them a carnival is coming. The boys find the flier and enter its spell!
"The merry-go-round was running yes, but...It was running backwards!"(Something Wicked This Way Comes, pg.77) When Jim and Will went back to the carnival, they wanted to get on the merry-go-round. When they got there the sign said out of order. 2 men told them to go and come back later. Instead of leaving, Jim and Will climbed up a tree and watched one of the men get younger as the the merry-go-round ran backwards! Will and Jim are trying to figure out who and what this person is.
I loved my book. I loved it for 3 reasons. the first reason is, at the beginning of the book , its kind of boring. Then all of a sudden boom! Something wicked happened! The second reason is that I was told that Bradbury 's books are amazing and they are. The third reason is that the book was like an adventure. I would recommend the book to people who like adventures and being in thier own little world, because that is definitely where the book is going to take you. Into your own little world!
Jaasiel S.
Ms. Bennett
Per. 1


No comments: