Saturday, January 10, 2009

Things Not Seen

I read the book Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements. I chose this book because invisibility has always been something that interests me. This book is about a teenager, Bobby Phillips, who wakes up on February 23 and soon realizes that he is invisible. Bobby is trying, and learning, how to live his life being invisible. He tells his parents and they don't believe it. Bobby goes back up to sleep and when he wakes up, he finds a note from his parents saying that they went to work and will be back later. Bobby is upset but he decides that he wants go out to the library. Bobby walks around with no clothes on so he is completely invisible for a little while. When Bobby is done in the library, he starts to walk out the door. Suddenly, he accidentally walks into a girl who he soon discovers is blind. Bobby's life starts to change as he gets to know the blind girl named Alicia.

"Now you're back to school and friends and girls and prom and college and everything, you're back and I'm not." (Things Not Seen, pg. 248) This quote describes how much Alicia really liked having a friend like Bobby. She really missed having a normal life. When she met Bobby she was happy because she had a problem and so did he. She figured that she could help Bobby and she thought that was a nice change. She was tired of being the girl people always felt sorry for and avoided.

I really loved this book! It kept me entertained and interested the whole way through. I loved Andrew Clement's style of writing. I especially loved Alicia's character. I also enjoyed the drama and the story line of this book! I would definitely recommend this book to anybody, but especially people who love a sweet ending. Things Not Seen should be at the top of your to do list!

Rachel B.
Ms. Bennett
Per. 1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your comment about this book is very detailed. And it is very interesting because he is invisible and she is blind. I would read it when i get my book review, thank to you.



Mariam.H.
Period 1
Ms.Bennett

Anonymous said...

I've read this book before and it was a great book. What made your blog really good was all the life you put into the ook. You really inspired me to read this book all over again

-Michael C

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to read this book for my blog review but the book was already checked out from the library and I couldn't get it :(
Great review and I hope I get a chance to read this book sometime. It's sounds like an amazing book to read and i really want to read it. :)

Michelle S.