Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Battle of the Labryinth

I Chose the book the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan for my blog. I chose this book because it is the final book of my favorite series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians. I wanted to chose another book in the series but this one was the best in my opinion so I chose this one.

The main character is Percy Jackson who in book 1 finds out he is a demi-God, that means either his mother of father is a god. His father is Posidon. In the third book he finds out that when he becomes 16 he will either choose to destroy or save Olympia. In this book he becomes 16 and there's a huge war between the Titans, their God, Kronos, and the Gods of Olympia. There is an amazing amount of realistic information about Greek mythology so it is a must read for anyone studying mythology.

"You are right as long as the Labyrinth is here, your enemies can use it, which is why the Labyrinth cannot continue" This is a very important quote because the enemies would use the Labyrinth to their advantage so it would have to be destroyed. The only problem is that Daedalus's life is bound to the Labyrinth. He accepted his fate and allowed the Lord of the Undead to take his soul therefore destroying the Labyrinth.

In my rating system I used Roman short swords. I chose this because Percy uses a golden short sword, riptide. This book in my opinion got a 5/5 rating.

This book is great for anyone who loves mythology, is taking Roman history, or anyone who loves a thrilling book you cant put down. This book is for 12 and up due to the violence content. All and all it is an amazing book.


No comments: