Thursday, September 17, 2009

30 days of night


 

Kooklanfar, Cameron

Period 1, English

September 14, 2009



 BOOK REVIEW

 

       

    The book I chose for this project is called 30 days of night. The book is also based on my favorite movie. The author of the book is Tim Lebbon. I chose this book because of my fascination with vampires and how they create chaos.  I decided to get this because of the intriguing cover and I saw the movie before so I wanted too see if the book was even better.

 

The main characters name is Eben Olsen. The story takes place in a little town called barrow Alaska which is the northernmost town in the USA. Every year in December till January the sun goes away and it leaves the town for 30 days of night. All communication is cut off for hundreds of miles and the closest airport is shut down for that period of time.  A group of vampires found this town and have a whole feast on everyone. Almost everyone died. These vampires are different than most. There teeth aren't fangs, but in fact shark like. There eyes are pitch black and they have speed and strength. They also are very vicious and don't give mercy. They kill anyone in there way. So basically for 30 days… the vampires will never stop until the sun comes up.

 

My favorite quote was by a prisoner in barrows prison. He was half human half vampire. The vampires sent him to spy first.  He way lying down in the cell and he said "board the windows, lock the doors, try to hide… their coming…" Eben then said "they?.. Who are they..." and then the lights in the cell switch off. 

 

My rating system is 1 through 10. 1 is super poor and 10 is amazing. I rated this book an 8 and a half out of the system.  It had some strange parts such as a polar bear wandering into town and then the vampires kill it. But otherwise than that the book was superb.

 

I would recommend this book to twelve year olds and up. This book is a little scary and is very intense. It does have many bad words and has some graphic sayings. And graphic pictures. But I say this book is very good and many scary movie lovers would enjoy this very much.



 

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that's right for you.

No comments: