Wednesday, September 16, 2009

City Of Bones

Violette

Period 2

                                                          September 14, 2009                                              

    The City of Bones was made by Cassandra Clare. I read the book because my friend sent it to me. She described it to me and it sounded amazing. I liked how the cover looked. I read the back and I was immediately sucked into it. The first chapter pulls you right in as a good book should.

    Clary was an average girl before that day in Pandemonium. She saw people who others couldn't. She saw things she shouldn't. Like demons. That day was the day she became a shadowhunter. She met Jace, Isabelle, and Alec that day. That day her mother was attacked and her house ransacked. Clary ran home and was attacked by a ravenor demon. She was poisoned but Jace saved her. She was unconscious for three days, when she woke up, she learned all about shadowhunters. Everyone learned that Valentine was still alive. They also learned he is after the mortal instruments to summon the Angel Razziel. Why? That remains a question. Will Clary, Jace, Alec, Isabelle and Simon be enough to stop him? Or will they have to ally themselves with others? Will they even have a chance?

    The quote I chose that had a significant meaning was:

Jace: Don't touch my swords!

Clary: Well, there goes my plan for selling them on eBay.
Jace: Selling them on what?
Clary: A mythical place of great magical power.

I chose this because it shows how little they really know of were each other came from. Jace knows a bit but not things like the fashions, or celebrities, or games, or computer stuff. Clary doesn't know about how dark and sirius magic is.

    The symbol I chose to have for my rating system is a Sword. I chose that because the shadowhunters are a very fighting kind of people. They are very dutiful and they are very strong. The sword is a strong symbol so I think that was a very good choice. Shadowhunters are Protectors.

This book is a good read because the characters are built strongly. You really feel for the characters when you go through a hardship. The Plot is good because its entertaining and keeps you waning more. It also has some funny lines. The characters are sarcastic and funny and there are words in there that are new to me. There is romance and fighting and action and suspense and comedy all in one well written book. There are two others in the saga too which are just as good, maybe better. Fans of Twilight are sure to enjoy.

Warning:

There are some jokes that use Jesus' name

There is romantic content

Moments of intense battle sequences


 







No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home