Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bug Park

I read the book Bug Park by James P. Hogan. I chose this book because I
am a little bit interested in bugs. When I saw the book cover I thought
it looked like it would be a good book because I like things about
robots and such. When I read the book's description on the back cover it
was saying that his idea would make him millions, so I wanted to read it
to see what the idea was.

This book was about fifteen-year-old Kevin Heber and his friend Taki and
their creation, Bug Park. Bug Park shrinks you down to around the size
of a mosquito and lets you explore this new "gigantic," usually unseen
world. In the book the two kids talk about their creation. There is also
an affair that could lead to the end of Bug Park, but these teens can't
let that happen.

Michelle Lang who was also a scientist was one of the people who got to
try out Bug Park and said "I think they could all be onto something big.
Really big." I think this quote is important because in the story they
all believe that is true, but the affair could ruin their dreams. It is
a great idea. It's a virtual world that shrinks you down to a bug so it
is like you are a bug. I would pay to do that so I believe this quote is
significant to the story.

I would rate this book 4 of 5 stars. I would because I did think it was
a great book but I believe it was a little hard to follow for me. They
used scientific words and I did not understand them some of the time.

I would recommend this book for my friends. Most likely for middle
school kids and maybe high school kids if they are at a semi-low reading
level. You should read this book if you like dramas or maybe mysteries
because this book is kind of like that I would say. If you are smart or
into science read this book because they use some high intellect words.
There are no warnings for this book. Everything in it, I would say is
kid friendly so they could read it. Must read.
(:

No comments: