Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

       This book I read is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which is written by J.K. Rowling. The reason why I selected this book is because I am a fan of Harry Potter books and that since this like a fantasy type of book I would imagine what goes on while reading. Plus this is like an action/adventure type book and that I like those types of books. But that is just one reason why I chose this book. I chose this book because since I read the two other books before this I just got to know what is going to happen in this one. As I started to read this book I just wanted to complete the book and not to stop right in the middle of it and start a new book, it is a very good book to read and I didn't put this book down until I completed it. I selected this book because of all the adventures, the action as I read it, the mystery, and the fantasy it has, which is the type of book I like.

       In this book there are three main characters. Harry Potter, he is known for the scar on his forehead and when it is summer time he lives with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and there son Dudley. They are his only living relatives and are very mean to him. His real parents are dead both of them were magical, so his parents was a witch and a wizard, but the family Harry is living with right now are muggles, humans with no magic powers. Hermione Granger, she is like the brains of the group. She is the one that knows more difficult spells. Ron Wesley is a clumsy boy who already broke his wand into two and has a really nice family. While at Hogwarts, where Harry goes to school, Harry is being hunted down by dementors, ghostly creatures that are the guardians of the prison of Azkaban. As I go through the story I read about a man named Sirius Black. He is responsible for killing 13 people with one curse. He is also Harry's godfather, but that that isn't the end yet. So if you want to find out more read the book.

       "What do when the worst is coming…"(Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, pg. 68). I chose this comment because Harry, Hermione, and Ron are getting into really bad troubles in the book as I read, especially Harry. This can actually relate to Harry because I've wondered what he will do when he is in a really bad situation, will he run or fight on. This quote is basically used throughout the story since Harry, Ron, and Hermione are getting into trouble like at the time of going to Hogwarts, as he was on the Hogwarts Express train a dementor showed up and I wondered what will he do the things get worse. Another time that got worse was when he had to fight Sirius Black. 

       If was to rate this I would give it a 4 out 5 score . These are scars, which is the same scar on Harry's forehead from Voldermort, a very evil wizard responsible for the deaths of Harry's parents. How he got the scar is that when Harry was still a baby he wanted to kill him but survived. So I used this kind of rating system based on the scar on Harry's forehead. The ratings were 1-5 and I chose 4 so it is a very good book to read all of it was excellent so I hope other will enjoy this to read. So when you people out there need a good book to read this that book.

       So this book has a rating of 4 out of 5 scars and that is very good and for the people who like mystery, action, and adventure books this is the one. One reason why others will want to read this is because this is like from 7 years of age to like above. This may have some violent content, but not to much. Good for Harry Potter fans just like me. There might be so comedy in this so if you need a laugh this is for you and again there is very little violence. Plus if you like magic this is the one. So enjoy this book and I am sure you will like it to. HAPPY READING!!!!

Rating:

 

 

Marcus

 

English, Period 4

 

September 15, 2009

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home