Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Twilight

Nancy

English, Period 6

September 12, 2009

Mrs. Huff

 

 

            I read the novel Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I came across this book when al my friends had finished the series. They told me the book was fantastic and that I should read it. I will never regret reading this book. I love this book so much. As soon as I started to read it, I couldn't it down. I was so addicted. I finished Twilight the night I got it and kept rereading it until I got the sequel which is New Moon. So when I was told to do a book review for my assignment, I knew this was the book to choose.

            The main character is Bella Swan who moves to Forks, Washington from Phoenix, Arizona to live with her father Charlie, who is the chief of police. She hates forks and starts Forks High School, where she meets Edward Cullen, who is a vampire. They fell in love… a forbidden love. He doesn't eat or sleep, just like his family who consists of: Carlisle and Esme (his parents) and his siblings, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett. Edward can read minds, Jasper can control emotions, and Alice can see into the future. Edward can read everybody's but, but he can't read Bella's, which seems to be the reason she always surprises Edward. One day, after Bella is introduced to Edward's family, they all go out to play baseball. While they are there, the come along a group of vampires. Their names are James (the leader), Laurent, and Victoria. They smelled Bella and were drawn to her scent. And the chase begins! James tried to attack Bella and the Cullen so Edward and Bella split up to try to confuse James. Bella is taken by Alice and Jasper to a hotel in Arizona. Everything is aright until Bella gets a call from James saying that he's got her mother and the only way to get her back unharmed is to meet him at the old ballet studio Bella went to years ago. She sneaks their but then realizes that's it was all a trick. James bites her but Edward gets there right after he bites her and tries to kill James. The Cullens come right in time to help kill James and Edward sucks the venom out of Bella. Once they get back to Forks and everything is as normal as it could be, Edward takes Bella to prom. Bella keeps trying to persuade Edward to turn her into a vampire but he remains firm on the idea of her staying human.

            My favorite quote that I chose was, "" So what your saying is that I'm your brand of heroin?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood. He smiled swiftly, seeming to appreciate my effort, "Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."" That quote is so romantic. I just love that line. Their love is forbidden and it's a real love. Not just another love story that'll last for a couple days. It's real. This quote is like saying, I love you and I know that you are the only one for me. That is a big part of the story. It's a true love. They both of them can't be apart. It's as if they are addicted to each other, hence the quote.

            My rating for Twilight would be 5 apples out of 5. I chose apples because this fruit symbolizes forbidden love and that's what Twilight is about. There is no way I can tell you how great this book is. It's magnificent, incredible, amazing and much, much more. I would never be able to say something about this book. I just love it.

            There are so many reasons you should read Twilight. If you like romance, this book is definitely your calling. It's full of romance and it's a great love story. It's also full of imagination, so you could imagine all of it in your head. It would be so cool. I know a lot of you are saying it's a girls' book, right? Well it's not. Not only does it have romance, buts it's full of suspense and action. This book probably isn't good for anybody over 12. This book has kissing, minor gore, and violence.


No comments: