Monday, September 14, 2009

Flipped

Flipped
by Myles Cruz
I read the book Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. I read this book in sixth grade and again in seventh grade. When I was first told about this book by my sixth grade English teacher, I thought this would be a very good book. That day I was also told about other books that seemed very interesting to. I read all the books I was interested in and I read their backs. This book was interesting because each chapter is wrote by a different point of view by the two main characters. I usually pick books by how the book's back because it explains a lot.
The two main characters in this book are Bryce and Julianna who are great characters. The story starts out in second grade and ends in eight grade. In the beginning of the story Bryce is a young kid who is moving in next to Julianna. Julianna sees Bryce and immediantly has a crush on him. She tries to help Bryce and his family move in but does in a rude way by pushing boxes out of the moving truck with her muddy feet. Immediantly Bryce hates Julianna and this is how it goes on for most of the book. Julianna still has a crush on Bryce for most of the book. The rest of the book is great but you would have to read it to find out.
There is actually two quotes in the story that really deal with the whole books subject. Julianna's quote was "What did a kiss feel like anyway?" Throughout the whole book Julianna really wants to kiss Bryce or at least have him kiss her. She waits years and years, but still didn't get her kiss. Bryce's quote is "I still had enough sense at age seven and a half to know that Julianna Baker was dangerous." This is how the book goes. Bryce really tries to ignore Julianna throughout his whole life with her. He never wants to be with her and in one part of the book she sees him in third grade and tackles him with a big hug. Bryce really didnt want to see her ever again.
This book would have a good rate. In my rating system I use a heart as an icon because Julianna loves Bryce throughout the whole book. Everything Julianna did was mostly about liking Bryce. One out of ten I give this book an eight:
This book is great. I think that this book will be great for all ages. This book is great because you see the different view points about how both Bryce and Julianna feel about each other. I think that this book will also relate to you whether you are a Bryce or a Julianna. I also believe that this book is great because everyone will love the story and from when it starts and ends.

No comments: