Saturday, September 12, 2009

Evermore

Evermore

 

            The book I read was Evermore by Alyson Noel. I selected this book when looking for a book to read while waiting for the next House of Night book to come out. It was recommended to me by one of the employees of Barnes and Noble. The cover was unusual and the synopsis on the back of the book really pulled me in, so I decided to buy it.

           

            The main character is named Ever. Her family died in a car accident and somehow she lived. The repercussion of this travesty was that she could see auras, read minds, and with the simple touch she can read the persons entire history. When she goes to school one day she meets a boy. His name is Damen. The reason she realized him is because of his perfect beauty and the fact that he had no aura. Whenever she touches him, her body tingles and he is the only one she can focus on, everything else just stops and goes away. This book refers to common themes in a teenagers' life, as in crushes and first love. Whether you realize it or not, this book entices you and changes your entire idea about how you felt or will feel when that day comes where you meet someone special.

 

            The quote I chose from Evermore is, "'I don't want to talk about it,' I say, blinking at the water globes that are now red and forming into a tulip.
     'What do you want to talk about?' he whispers, gazing at me with those eyes, two infinite pools luring me in.

      'I don't want to talk,' I whisper, holding my breath as his lips met mine." This quote says a lot about the book. The reason I chose this quote was because of their love in the story. Ever and Damen are truly in love. The second reason is because of the tulip they mentioned. Damen periodically gives Ever red tulips. They appear out of thin air, on paper, and now an image of glowing light bulbs floating in water. Later in the book Ever finds out that red tulips symbolize ever-dieing love or affection. It is interesting how Damen shows his love for her in so many ways. It is truly sweet.

 

            I would rate this book in red tulips to show how much I love this book and also to symbolize the love in the book. I would give this book 4 out of 5 red tulips. It was an amazing book. It was well written and painted an interesting picture. The meaning was clear and the ending, enticing. I loved this book.

           

 

 

            I would recommend this book to all teenagers. It shows how we see love at this age, specifically our first crushes. It goes through emotional rollercoaster during the duration of the book that any teen would find interesting. It also shows others that when something bad happens, you can always push through. I would not recommend this to children younger than 11. This book has references to underage drinking. It truly is an amazing book. 

No comments: