Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cirque Du Freak

Jordan

English Period 4

September 15, 2009

 

Last year I read a book called Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan. I picked this book to read because I had nothing else to read and because my brother read the whole series and really like it. I knew this was the book to read because it seemed very interesting. I remember I wanted to read a book that we had at home and my mom told me to try this book out.

 
         This book is about a boy named Darren Shan who goes to a freak show with his friend Steve and finds a vampire there who turns Darren into his vampire assistant. They go on many adventures throughout the book and the whole series.
 
         At the end of the first book Mr. Crepsley, the vampire, said "No, Darren Shan, I do not want Steve Leopard to be my assistant." He pointed at me with his long bony finger again, and I knew what he was going to say seconds before he said it. "You want me!" I think this is a significant quote because it started up the whole series and showed how Darren became a vampire.
 
         If I had to rate this book I would rate it from 1-5 V's. V stands for Vampire. I would probably give the book 4 V's.
 

V    V    V    V

 

         I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. I would recommend it if they liked action and drama, if they liked to read about vampires, and if they want to read a good series. The only warning I need to give is that there is violence and some blood and gore in it.

No comments: