Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Moon

Sharon


English, Period 6


September 15, 2009



New Moon



I enjoyed reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. New Moon is the second book in the Twilight Saga. I decided to read this book because Twilight left me wanting more hence, I read the second book. Personally, I enjoy fiction romance books so it seemed like a really good book for me to read. I also have male friends whom also enjoyed reading New Moon.


New Moon is a romance novel that includes action. To me, the main characters seem to be Bella, Edward, and Jacob; others may disagree or agree. Bella and Edward are lovers. But like in most books, that isn't all there is to it. Edward is a vampire and Bella is human which concerns Edward for the sake of Bella's safety. You'll have to read so that you know where Jacob comes in and why I consider him a main character. Everyone knows Bella and Edward but once you read New Moon, you'll notice Jacob.


"It will be as if I'd never existed." This quote is what turns the story around. It was a promised by Edward to Bella near the beginning of the book (don't worry about this being a spoiler). Try to imagine how you would feel if the one person you love very deeply promised you that very promise. If you really imagined it, I hope you get interested to read this book.


The moons are a rating system. I gave New Moon four moons out of five. It was a book that I was able to get absorbed to real quickly. And it held my interest to reading for a while. The reason it didn't receive five moons is that the reason that New Moon seems like a great book is because you get so absorbed in reading it. It is a great read but it's just not the BEST book when you think about it after it's been read.


I especially recommend this book (and the whole saga) to readers who have a difficult time finishing a book once started. I got very, very absorbed into reading this book. This book was very enjoyable for me to read and I really liked it because it's really easy to picture the characters in your own way. There are also a lot of different opinions when it comes to this book which also makes it a good book to read since you can discuss with fellow readers and just listen to opinions that may be completely different from yours. The first warning is that you should read Twilight before you read New Moon because New Moon is the second book to a series. The second warning is that it's written for a teenage audience. It is, in fact, a romance novel. This book is where the whole Edward versus Jacob starts.



No comments: