Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kurt Cobain Journals

Samuel
Room 24
                                                                                                                                                           Period 1
September 15, 2009
 
 
 
 
One of my favorite books is Kurt Cobain Journals by: Kurt Cobain. The reason I chose this book was because I really like the band Nirvana and he's the lead singer of the band and I thought it would be an interesting book. I went to the book store looking for a biography of the band but instead found this. It was between this book and a $50 book so I chose this one and I'm happy I did.
0A
 
            This book features Kurt Cobain his wife Courtney love and their daughter Frances Bean Cobain along with band members Dave Grohl, and Krist Novestelic. Their really is no main conflict except Kurt trying to get his band gigs and letters to the editor. But that does not mean the book isn't good because that's one of the best things about it. The whole book isn't problems it's a big mixture of feelings and troubles stuff that we go through to.
 
            In the book Kurt talks about T.V. draining us of our imagination and creativity. I find that to be very true some T.V. is good but to much isn't. I've stopped watching so much television and I'm actually writing songs and stories now. This doesn't mean television is bad because there are some pretty creative shows on now but too much T .V. isn't very good.
 
            My rating system is devised of numbers 20 being the highest 1 being the lowest. I give this book a 19 because it's a very good book but some parts can be a little dry because their journals he didn't make this up this is true.
 
            I recommend this book to people who love the band nirvana. Age group should be around 13-15. Warning this book has language not suitable for children. It discuses adult situations and drugs. Parents I would not recommend you buying this for children under the age of at least 10.

No comments: