Thursday, September 17, 2009

Confessions of a Closet Catholic

Zdislava

Period 4, English

September 15, 2009

 

 

 

Confessions of a closet catholic is about a girl who decides she wants to give up on being Jewish and become Catholic. Like her friend Maria or Mac. The title may sound interesting and was what cot my eye. Confession of a Closet Catholic, she is called a closet catholic because she is not allowed to practice another religion so she practices in the closet. But the book is not just about her practicing a new religion, there is more.

One quote in the novel really touched me. "I wish I was something that I just can't be". As I read this quote I thought of all the times I wan'ted to be or wanted to have something that I just couldn't have. I was reading this book non stop but when I heard that I stopped reading and just thought. I think everyone feels the same way. "I wish I was something that I just can't be". At this moment in the book the girl's mother finds out that she is a practicing catholic. The main character starts explaining everything to her mom and she starts sobbing. It was her breaking point.

If I could make a rating system I would make it using stars. No stars being an awful book. One star being a non interesting book such as a math book. Two stars would be an alright book but not recommendable. Four stars would be a good book. And finally five stars would be an amazing book. I definitely will give this book five stars.

                   I definitely recommend this book to anyone who does not feel like they have the right religion. Or people that like books that are heart felt. Fool of meaning and make you feel every emotion. Happiness, Sadness…. There is one warning, you will be surprised.


No comments: