Thursday, September 17, 2009

Twilight

Sabrina

Period 4 English

September 12, 2009

Twilight

 

           

            I read the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. Twilight is a saga of four books. I selected this book because other people had read it and they liked it so I wanted to give it a shot. People made it seem very interesting. First my mom bought the second book for my sister or me to read so I wanted to read it, but since it was the second one it didn't make sense to so then my mom went out to buy the first one instead and it then made so much more sense to me. It was interesting.

                In Twilight the main characters are Bella Swan, Charlie Swan, Edward Cullen, Alice Cullen, Rosalie Hale, Carlisle Cullen, Emmett Cullen, Esme Cullen, Jasper Hale, and Jacob Black. Bella Swan moves to a small town named Forks to live with her dad Charlie. Everything is new for her, a new school, new friends, and a new guy.  Bella makes a friend named Jacob Black who's the son of Charlie's friend Billy. Later on the first day of school Bella meets a very mysterious guy named Edward Cullen and his whole family. She sees they are very pale and beautiful and something's different about them then other people.  In class Edward acted really weird a round her.  One day at the beach she starts talking to Jacob about the Cullen's and Jacob tells Bella that Edward is a vampire. Later on Bella was walking inside to school and a car got out of control because it slid a was about to crush Bella, and out of no where Edward pushed the car off and away from her. So now that they both know he is a vampire Edward and Bella hangout some more till other vampires try and kill Bella what will they do?

In the book Bella said," it's not the end it's the beginning. I chose this as one of my favorite quotes because Edward was referring to how it can be dangerous dating a vampire and how it can be the end. But Bella refers to that as long as she's with Edward she will always feel safe.  To me this was a very romantic sweet quote, and I don't give up easily and this quote shows that. It is very empowering.

I would rate this out of five and based on that I give it 4 out of 5. I gave it that because of its amazing details, the storyline of the book because when I read it I kept on wanting to read it, and for the point of view it was written in. This book was truly amazing. For those of you that seen the movie it is nothing like the movie. The movie just seems dumb, but the book is great.

 

   

 

I recommend you do read this book. I recommend you read this because it's a great story and mystery drama. Another reason is because it's such a reality but fantasy at the same time so it's really cool. Also it has great stories about each character. Warning may include some language but not much also very specific of kissing type of things.  Read this book you WILL love it.


No comments: