Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bliss

          The title of the book I am doing this report on is Bliss by Lauren Myracle. I selected this book because when I read it, I couldn’t put it down, and when I finished this book I was sad, because I didn’t want it to be over. I don’t get that feeling with too many books, so that is why I am writing about it. I found out about this book from my friend Julia Wunsch. She recommended this book to me after she read it because she thought I would like it, and I sure did.

          In this book Bliss is a teenage girl that is just moving in with her grandma. When she had her first few days of school she got to be friends with three girls: Thelma, DeeDee, and Jolene. There was also another girl named Sarah Lynn who was the most popular girl in the school. Bliss see’s some stairs so she walks up and she finds a door she tries to open it but it’s locked.  Whenever she goes in that hallway she always hears voices in her head, telling her what to do. She gets scared so she runs, and then Thelma tells her a scary story: A long time ago there was this one girl, Liliana, and she always made trouble and she was always talking about strange things like sacrificing one’s blood. She was then locked up, in a hallway with a room only the teacher that locked her up could get into , and one night, Liliana got out and wanted the teacher to kill herself, but when she said no, Liliana killed herself by running through the glass window in that hallway. Bliss then knew that the voice that was speaking to her was Liliana. Bliss then sit’s with a girl named Sandy that everyone was mean to. They r then best friends, until Sandy starts talking weird like Liliana, and Bliss wants nothing to do with her until the winter dance comes and something crazy happens…

            “ Liliana was P.O.’ed When she realized the teacher had failed her, when the teacher came yet again with her whip…that was the night Liliana flung herself from the window.” .  I picked this quote from the book Bliss because it wraps the main point up and explains whose voice is inside Bliss’s head and why it is there. It also tells the real story of Liliana and why she had jumped out of the window.

          My rating system for the book Bliss is based on five different drops of blood. I chose this icon because on the cover of Bliss there are little drops of blood all over, and you will get to know why at the end of the book. The first drop of blood is for I will never read this book, ever. The second drop of blood is for doesn’t seem worthwhile to read. The third drop of blood is for worth reading but not great. The fourth drop of blood is for I really liked it but I have read better, and the fifth drop of blood is for amazing! I want to go read this book right now!

          I recommend this book to everyone who likes to read scary and interesting stories. I personally don’t like scary books, but this book I just loved. One reason I recommend this book is because it isn’t ever boring. It is always entertaining, and you will never want to put it down. I also recommend this book because it has a crazy twisted ending. I don’t like books with really boring endings, and that is one of the many reasons I love this book. Its ending is crazy and twisted and I love it. I recommend this book to teen girls that like to read scary stories.

 

 

Shelly

No comments: