Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eclipse

Jeremy
Period 2, English
September 13, 2009

The title of the book I am reading is Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer. It is one of my favorite novels of all time! My friend recommended the book, Twilight (which is the first book out of the whole series), and I got really into it! It had everything that I really liked.

Adventure, romance, and just a little bit of comedy. Eclipse is my favorite out of the whole series. This book's had a lot of those moments where you just couldn't put it down!

            The story of Eclipse is basically about how Bella would have to pick between Edward, the vampire, or Jacob, the werewolf. It is also about Victoria getting her revenge on The Cullens and Bella. Victoria was James' mate. The Cullens have killed him, just to save Bella. Victoria now builds an army of newborn vampires, which is one way of exposing vampires. They're not allowed to do that, or they will be burned by the Volturis. The Cullens decide that they need the werewolves to help fight the army, and they approved. So now, who do you think will win?

            "He's like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can't live without him now. It's too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun." That quote had been said by Jacob Black. The quote is basically about how Bella had made the wrong decision by picking Edward. He's saying that Edward is bad, and dangerous. Jacob is also explaining how he would've the better pick. He would've been nice and caring to her. Now she can't be separated from Edward.

            My rating for Eclipse is definitely going to be a five! For my rating system, I used the icon of a red ribbon that is about to rip. The ribbon is on the cover of the book. The red ribbon represents Bella choosing either Edward, or Jacob. Edward is her love, who is a vampire. Jacob is her best friend, who she also is in love with.

            I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance. Also, to whoever likes some action and suspense. The book is full of that! I would also recommend this book to people who have read Twilight, and New Moon, but stopped. I've recently stopped reading Breaking Dawn, because I've lost interest in it. I'm pretty sure that the rest is good. I really don't think that guys would like to read this book, since most are all into guts, and gore. Luckily, they have those in these series!


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Jeserine Garcia, from Period 2 English as well. I've read Eclipse too, and I agree with you! It is also one of my favorite novels as well. :) Good Job!

Anonymous said...

I'm Jeserine Garcia, from Period 2 English as well. I've read Eclipse too, and I agree with you! It is also one of my favorite novels as well. :) Good Job!