Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Outsiders

Siegel
Per.2 9\16\09
Mrs. Huff

The book I prefer is called THE OUTSIDERS written by S.E. HINTON. I selected this book because my teacher gave it to me as an assignment. I wasn't to exited about it but when I was bored one day I read a couple pages I was amazed at after 20 pages I couldn't put it down. I not much of a book reader and I can for sure tell you that you could hate books and be obsessed with this one.

This book is about two gangs called the socs and greasers and their conflicts day after day. The socs are a group of rich kids that drink, pick on greasers, and drive around in their fancy mustangs. The greasers are small groups of tough hoods that smoke, steal and get in fights with socs. Neither side sound so great but if you read the book you'll understand who the good guys are. A greaser stabs a soc protecting his friend and the socs dies. The two greasers run away and where they are a whole bunch of drama happens. This book makes you think rather than anything else. There is a little bit of everything in this book.

The quote I can remember the most that is most significant is "When I first left the darkness of the theater I could only think about two think Paul Newman and a ride home". Once you have read threw the whole book you will understand what this sentence means.

The only rate this book deserves is 5 spades: ªªªªª

          I recommend this book to anyone who is anyone: 12 and above. One reason is that it's a book with just about everything a reader could need except fantasy; drama, action, mystery, thriller and a little bit of romance. Another is that on top of the action and drama there is a moral that fits this book very well. Third is that the book won the Pulitzer Prize.

No comments: