Thursday, September 17, 2009

Breaking Dawn

Lindsay

English Per.6

September 13, 2009

 

 

        The title of the book I am doing this report on is called Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. It is the last book in the Twilight series. I read the first book and fell in love. I actually became obsessed. One book after the other. I finished the whole series in about 2 months. That's a record for me. I was so sad when it was over so I decided to read it again. I read it 2 times. This isn't a short book either. It is actually 754 pages long. It is probably one of the best books I have ever read.

        The book is a love story between a vampire and a girl, (who is now a vampire). Now that Bella has Renesmee (who is half mortal, half vampire), the entire Volturi clan is coming to destroy the child. She is a threat to their secret. Bella has some extra supernatural powers too along with Edward and Alice. That power could save her daughter and the rest of the vampire clans from the Volturi coven. Her daughter has also got a power. It is a strange way of communicating. Jacob also makes peace with the vampires. Especially, Renesmee.

        "When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you with no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give to your beloved, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?" That quote is my all time favorite. I chose this quote because it shows the audience what Bella is going through. She basically has to decide whether or not to give her life to her true love. That quote has a lot of power in its words. It also shows her frustration she has to go through to make this decision. That decision is basically the whole book.

        I am going to rate this book on a scale of 1-5. 1 being bad and 5 being absolutely amazing.

, , , , . Of course I have to give it 5 fangs. I rating it with fangs because when people see fangs they think of vampires, which this book is about.

        I would recommend this book to a mature female teen audience. I am a mature teen and so are my friends and they loved the book. I would not recommend it to you kids because they are some sexual scenes and some violence. Guys didn't seem very into it but girls fell in love with Edward. This series of books captured the minds of so many people that anybody could read it and love it just as much as I did.


No comments: