Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sudden Death

Parker



  The book I read was Sudden Death by David Rosenfelt. I selected this book because it is a murder mystery and because it has to do with football and the NY Giants who are my favorite football team. I knew that this was a good book to read because the story sounded good and it had some things in it that interested me. I have read books by this author before and have liked them. I also heard that it was a good book and I like to read mysteries.
  This book was about a defense attorney named Andy Carpenter who is hired by Kenny Schilling, the star running back for the NY Giants, after he barricaded himself inside his house with the dead body of Troy Preston, a Jets football player. Kenny says he was set up and believes Andy Carpenter can help him dig himself out of the big hole he's in. Kenny has lost his job and image and the only person he has to help him is Andy who has some personal problems of his own but tries his best to figure out the case which is not easy. There were some suprising twist and turns but the end was a shocker. It was funny at times, suspenseful, interesting and sad. There was a lot of detail included about each event that happened in the book. It lives up to it's good reputation..
  "If my mother were alive she would say 'whatever happens, it's all for the best.' I never believed it when she used to say it, and I don't believe it now." I chose this because I agree with him and things don't always happen for the best. It depends on the choices you make and the situation your in. If you make a bad choice than it wasn't for the best and your future is not going to be the best. It is important in the story because he's always proving his mother wrong and the case he is investigating didn't happen for the best. In the end when the investigation is over, this saying comes in to hand as the best did not happen for Kenny and Andy, in fact the worse that could of happened happens.
    Since this book has to do with football, I made my rating icon a football. My rating scale is out 5 footballs, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. I would give this book 4 out of 5 footballs. It was a good book, one of the best I've read but not the greatest ever.
                                          
I would recommend this book to a friend.. This book was a good read and had a very interesting detailed story. It was easy to relate to and very funny. It was realistic and suspenseful. There were a bunch of stories going on at once not just one, which made the book more interesting and not boring. I would recommend this to most guys the age of 12 to 30 because I think most guys would like this book and would be able to relate to it in some way.  Warning: There is some bad language, sexual thoughts and a descriptions of a dead body. All in all, this book was really good and a must read.  
              


No comments: