Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Bad Beginning- Dominic Hernandez

The title of my book is The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket. I've heard many things about the series of all the books that i just had to read them myself. I saw this book on a bookshelf with a lot of the other books of the series and i said to myself "why don't i just read the series!" So i got this first book and loved it!

There are 4 main characters in this book. First there's Violet Baudelaire, which is the oldest of the 3 kids, who loves to invent and build devices. Klaud Baudelaire, the only boy, who was very smart and loved to read. Sunny Baudelaire, the baby, liked to bite things and couldn't talk. Then there's Count Olaf. Count was related to all three of the kids. The Baudelaire's parents died in a fire and is only left with there parent's fortune. Count wants to steal that fortune and keep it all for himself!t

"Hello, my children, please step into your new home, and wipe your feet outside so no mud gets indoors." I choose this quote because the Baudelaire's now have a new guardian thats horrible. It's importance in the story is that Count Olaf is going to be haunting the kids till death takes him out of this world.

I would give this book 5 flames! I choose flames because flames are the things that started all of the kids misery and it only gets worse, the more you read. This book is breath-taking, great, mysterious, and shocking so it deserves 5!

There are many reasons why someone would want to read this book but I'll only give you 3. Reason #1 is that this book has a lot of mystery which will give you a lot a questions. Reason#2 is that you will want to read the rest of the books to see what happens next. Last and very least, its the beginning to a very bad life for the Baudelaire kids.

2 comments:

javid ghaemmaghami said...

I've read it before Dominic and I thimk I'll read it again. That is a good advertizing but it could have been cooler if you added a website to it so we could buy the book on line.

Avital Avraham said...

It's so sad that the parents died and there left with the Count. Sounds like a great book