Thursday, November 20, 2008

Harout Torosyan-The Giver

Harout Torosyan November 20, 08
English Period 6


The Giver
Wow! I really can't believe how good this book is it. I'm reading The Giver by Louis Lowry. It was really faith when I first heard of this book in the 7th grade. We were reading it as a class but I didn't really find the litarture behind the book. I found it in Borders last week and bought it. When I read it I understood the meaning. I knew It was the right book for me when I found myself reading the book again a third time.
The book is basically about a perfect world were everything is under control. The people don't have a say in anything because everything is decided for you. A boy named Jonas lives with his family and lives a perfect life without feelings and pain. Everything is normal for him but, by the time he becomes a twelve everything in his life is a life. He is assigned to be a receiver a very rare job that only one person in the community is assigned. He is given the power to see life, colour, and feel pain. When he finds what life is made of he runs away escaping from the community with a pre- matured baby named Gabriel. He runs away and finds colour.
In the book something really caught my attention. The saying "And you will. It's my life. It will be yours". This was something that made me think about the book and what it means. I choose this quote out every other in the book because this makes you wonder how his life will be givin to Jonas. This quote plays a very important role in the book because it is the books meaning.
Out of all the books I have read in the past couple of years this would have to be the second best book next to Twilight. I landed on that by rating on the grammar and literacy. Out of a ten I would have to say this was a nine. Although the book was good was amazing it could have been better.

I highly recommend this book to all teenagers. Teens should read this because it shows us how everything is not whqt it seems, and to appericiate everything, and enjoy life for what it is. This is based for 13 to 16 year olds. He book may surprise a lot out of nowhere so be aware.

1 comment:

Edden Brown said...

I am pleased to know that there are a few other readers that were able to relate to what i had to say about this amazing book. What was your rating icon for the book that you chose?