Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Killer Pancake-Tori Latham

Latham, Tori
English, Period 2
November 19,2008
Killer Pancake
A book review by Tori Latham

Killer Pancake is a mystery book by Diane Mott Davidson. It is the fifth book of the Goldy series. I chose this book because I have read the others in the series. I enjoyed the first four so I decided to continue them. I was also interested about this book because of the summary on the back. It was the perfect book to choose.


The main characters in this book are Goldy, a caterer and her husband Tom, a police officer, Julian, Goldy's assistant, Claire and Harriet, employees at a make-up company, Reggie and Shaman, two men from a rival company, and Marla, Goldy's best friend. Goldy is catering a luncheon for the make-up company. She goes out to get supplies and hears an odd sound. She looks around and Claire is lying dead on the garage floor. Tom asks for Goldy's help with the investigation. Goldy uncovers secrets, scandals, and more in this deliciously suspenseful book.
An important quote in this book was "You just had to know." I chose this quote because it sets the mood for what happens next. Somebody says this when Goldy finds out it was them who murdered Claire. It was when Goldy finally realized who and why they did it. When this was said it was very surprising. What happens next is even better.


On a scale of one to five, I give this book a four. It was very suspenseful and a great book but it wasn't the best one I have read. I still enjoyed it very much and I recommend it to everyone. I chose slices of cake to represent Goldy being a caterer. Her catering is what gets her involved in all the murders or other situations.


I recommend this book to girls and women who love mystery novels and like to cook. Anyone from a teenage girl to an old lady would love this book. It is full of suspense and some humor. The characters are easy to relate to and there are even recipes included throughout the book. This book contains some foul language and hints at some sexual activity. Killer Pancake is a must-read novel.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds like a really good book! i really like the title of it too! great review!

Kian Maalizadeh said...

I don't think that there was an actuall killer pancake but i want to know how claire died

Mune said...

Wow Tori, this sounds like a great read! I've never really seen a culinary aspect being added into a suspense story, so it seems quite unique. The title sounds like something that would draw a lot of people in, and your book review name did as well. It looks like you'll get that " who did it ?" feel from this book, and that it won't disappoint.