Thursday, November 13, 2008

That was then, This is now-Greenspan, Zach

Greenspan,Zach
Per. 4 English 11/12/08
The title of my book is called "That was then, This is now". It is by SE Hinton. I chose this book because I had read 9 CRumble Fish" and "The Outsiders" which are two great SE Hinton books and I figured this would is probably also good. I also chose it because when I pick out books I pick my top three I find in the book store, then I debate in my head which is the best choice. And this was my best choice in my head.
This book is about two best friends Max and Brian grow up living together as in they even lived in the same house. They live in the same house because Max's parents died when he was young. Anyways its about them at 16 and they are growing apart. Brians got a girlfriend and Max still steals cars. They go through a lot of adventures together which made them realize something about them…
'I can tell Cathy and Mark don't like each other." That was a quote from the book. It was Brian noticing that his girlfriend and his best friend don't like each other. In my opinion that showed one of the changes in the book because he would either hang with them seperatly which Mark hated or together whish he also didn't like.
This is my rating system. It is 5/5 because it is a great book. I chose pool table balls because in the story they are hustlers and they like to play pool.
I recommend this book for a lot of audiences a lot of people would love it! 1 reason is It really gives you a perspective on how life always doesn't work out how you want it. The 2nd reason is that it's full of romance and action and adventure which really makes it compatible for all different kind of reading audiences. The 3rd reason is it is not a long book and does not have big words so very many different age groups can read it and still have a blast!

4 comments:

oliver adams said...

This book sounds interesting. It can be a problem when your best friend and girlfriend hate each other. And you described the book with such passion

Anonymous said...

it sounds like a topic i can relate to and an interesting book. friends grow apart over time. i know. I've grown apart from from a lot of my elementary school friends. i have a feeling that I'll get it from the public library.

Thomas Wenk said...

Great review. This book sounds very interesting. I personally love S. E. Hiltons writing and would love to read this book. You described the characters with such passion and detail. Once again, great review.

Unknown said...

great review! the book sounds really good and interesting! you described the characters really well too!