Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Lord of the Rings-Richard Phillips

Phillips, Richard

English P.4

November 13, 2008

The book I chose to read was The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein. I chose to read this book because it has two of my favorite things in a book. These two things are that it has adventure and action. I also wanted to be a reasonable amount not too much or too little. I selected this book by thinking of all the books I wanted to read and decided on this one.

There is a big amount of different characters in this book some good some bad. Here are some of the characters Aragorn, Mithrandir, Sam, and Frodo are just a few. Frodo is the one who has to carry the evil ring for good or bad. Aragorn is an heir to a very ancient kingdom that has grown quite small. Sam is Frodo's best friend and his current companion on this lonely quest with only one other person Smeagol who is mostly evil.

Go with the good will of all good men is a quote from the book. It is very important that Faramir said this to Frodo when they said goodbye. It means that no matter where he should be the will of very good person it the world will be with him. Of course that means that everything good is on his side but not that of evil. As long as there were good men in the world they would show him kindness because he is the key to the survival of everything good.

I think this book should be rated so I have created a rating system from one to ten. One to four will be terrible and very bad and from five to seven it shall be okay not great but not bad. Eight to ten will be pretty good and excellent I would give it a nine ^^^^^^^^^. I would give it a nine because it is pretty good but it isn't my favorite book of all time. Yet it a good book for people who like these types of books. Those would be the symbols because they point upwards to the sky and sort of look like a mountain range.

I recommend this to any person who likes adventure books and can read sophisticated book. One reason to read this is usually it isn't boring and pretty high paced. There are some cool battles and the characters all bring something unique. It has some very happy parts and some very sad so it is a mixture of emotions such as bravery or fear. One warning though this book has mild violence and very little language that is not appropriate for young kids.

No comments: