Monday, November 17, 2008

David Gasparian-The Haunted Fort


Gasparian, David

November 15, 2008

English P4

The Haunted Fort Book Review

By David Gasparian

I read The Haunted Fort by Franklin W. Dixon. The reason why I chose this specific book is because I have read many Hardy Boy books and found them very interesting, also that I love to read mysteries. I have read 3 other Hardy Boy books which were amazing because I just wanted to keep on reading and I felt that I was in the book next to the Hardy Boys solving their mysteries.

In The Haunted Fort there were two famous pictures that were stolen from a Prisoner-Painter Museum. Ever since Chet, Frank, and Joe were on the case weird things have been happening. The next day they were on the stolen paintings case they heard loud signals outside. Once they went outside they saw a black car speeding, the driver threw something out of the window and left off. The Hardy Boys picked it up and it was a human scalp! On it was a note that said'' Use your heads, stay away from Crown Lake''. Then of course the Hardy Bothers went to Crown Lake to see what is going on behind all of these mysterious events that are happening . Once they got there they noticed an unusual flag that was hanging on the Fort. Once they went in a flight of stairs fell on them! They got up not knowing what happened and quickly ran outside. They saw a man in a pickup truck with the paintings in the back!

''Get him!''This was the quote said by Frank to Joe and Chet so they can chase the man running with the paintings. The quote is in the middle part of the book. I chose this quote because it was an exciting part of the book and at the time I was reading it I just wanted to go on and find out what was happening.

For my rating system I will be using paintings. On this book that I've read I would give five out of five paintings because this book actually made me want to read more. This was probably the first book I have actually wanted to read. It is filled with adventures and mysteries just waiting to be solved. One reason why I would recommend this book to someone is because it's a book that's full of adventure and you actually want to read it. I would recommend it to mystery lovers because you feel like you're in the book next to the Hardy Brothers solving the mystery.


2 comments:

JD Huff said...

David,
The Hardy Boys are such a classic series. I read them when I was your age. I am glad to see that these stories still hold up over time. Are there any warnings you should give to someone before they read this book?

avetisyan ane said...

this sounds like a nice book and i enjoy mysteries i'll take this book into consideration.