Monday, November 17, 2008

Stormbreaker - Harrison Hanssen

Hanssen, Harrison

Period Six English

November 17th, 2008

The book I read Stormbreaker by Anthony Horwitz. I chose this book, because I heard Alex Rider was a good series and I sort of liked the theme. It was also made into a movie . So I went to Borders and purchased it. I was already reading this before the report was assigned, so it was an easy choice to use it.

The book is fundamentally about a boy named Alex who suddenly loses his uncle, who he has lived with basically all his life, to a mystifying car crash. Alex later finds out his uncle was spy, and also that he didn't die in a mere accident he was murdered. He must have found out too much about something and was shot. Alex then met his uncle's boss and is set off to the same mission that cost his uncle his life. He had to investigate why a man named Mr. Herod Sayle is going to manufacture and donate computers to all the schools in England. It sounded all too suspicious, but in time, Alex found out about Sayle's malevolent plan…

One excellent quote from Stormbreaker is:

"No matter how successful I've become, how much money I made, how many people I've employed. I'm still a joke. I'm still Herod Smell, the goat-boy, the Cairo tramp. Well, for forty years I've been planning my revenge. And now, at last, my time has come…"

-Herod Sayle-

I think it is relevant for two simple reasons. For one, it is mainly the whole reason Mr. Sayle has gone mad. He was a poor boy from Egypt that mostly out of luck, got to move to England, where he was always teased in school. My second, and final reason is that maybe we all could learn from what this man said. Maybe he is right.

I would rate this book five out of five lightning bolts, because it was a good book. I used lightning, because that's what is on the side of Stormbreaker. It is the reason Alex's uncle died, the reason Alex became a spy, the reason why England was in danger.


I must warn you that there is mild violence and occasional language. I think overall this is a very good book. Anyone who likes suspense, action, or just likes a good book this is for you. I think the way Anthony Horwitz writes it makes you just want to keep reading.

8 comments:

JD Huff said...

Harrison,
You really make this book sound exciting! I just might have to pick it up and read it!!

Unknown said...

i have heard so many people say how good this is. i think i am gonna read it soon because of that. you have convinsed me.

Unknown said...

i have heard from so many people how good this book is. you have convinsed me, so i will start to read it.

-erica burrows-

niCk kuShnir said...

wow harrison great review. its pretty cool how we both did the same book. i thought it was great too. especially the part with the jellyfish. i heard you wanted to continue the series, well i have the sequel, you can borrow it if you want. once again i think it was a great book too.

niCk kuShnir said...

wow harrison great review. its pretty cool how were doing the same book. this makes me want to read it again. i thought it was a great book too. i heard you wanted to continue the series, well i have the sequel if you want to borrow it. so once again i really thought the book was great too.

Kian Maalizadeh said...

I really like this series I always love reading Alex Rider books I agree with you that got 5/5 I also like those firebolts you used for the ratings

Unknown said...

hi harrison! i read this book a while ago and really loved it! you did a great job explaining it too! also the rating system you used was good!

Unknown said...

Hey, great book isn't it? I should know, you recommended it to me and even let me borrow your book. Don't you love how whenever Alex looks like he's in a pit he can't climb out of, he has something up his sleeve to help him. I agree, it was a good book.