Sunday, November 16, 2008

Best Friends For Never-Abby Dann

Dann, Abby
English, Period 4
November 15, 2008
I read the book Best Friends For Never by Lisi Harrison. This book is part of a series called The Clique and this one happened to be the second book. I have already read the first book and it was so good it made me want to read the second. The second one did it now I am going to read the rest of the books in the series. I started to read these books because all my friends were reading them and talking about them and they all knew what was happening and I didn't so I started to read them so I could understand what they were talking about. That was only one of the reasons. Another reason is because they all said they were very good books and they can't stop reading them. I read the back of the book and it sounded great so I bought the book and started reading it. Then once I started I couldn't stop.
The book has five main characters and Claire does not fit in. The other four are Massie, Dylan, Kristen, and Alicia, they are known as the PC. The PC stands for Pretty Committee and all Claire wants is to be apart of it. Massie is the leader of the PC and of the whole school. She has dark brown hair and her colors are white and green. Massie know everything except that the guy she likes might not like her back. Kristen has dark blonde hair and is very pretty and her best colors are soft white, turquoise, and red. Kristen might even end up losing the one she really likes. Dylan is beautiful with her fiery red hair and her rosy red checks. Her colors are definitely ivory and lavender. Did Dylan turn into a boy stealer? Alicia is very pretty with her brown hair but might have found a new friend. The last one is Claire; she has very blonde hair and her colors are all pastels. Her main goal in life right now is fitting in with everyone. Has one of the Briarwood boys actually started liking Claire?
I chose one of the most well known quotes from the book. "The only thing harder then getting in, is staying in." Everyone wishes they could be the most popular person and always tries to get into the biggest and most popular groups. These girls are in the 7th grade and they are all trying to figure out who their true friends are and what groups they belong in. The other big thing they are trying to figure out is who are they and where do they belong.
I rate this book a 7 out of 9 shopping bags. This book was really good because they made you think about what was going to happen next and you could make a great guess and be completely wrong or completely right. It was also a v ery interesting book in general.
You should read this book if you are a girl from the ages 11 to 15. It has some bad language but very little. It is a great book that you wont want to put down. If you are interested on reading this book I suggest that you read the book before this first. The first book is called The Clique. These books are about girls that are in the 7th grade and work there way up and how their lives are. The book keeps you guessing about what guys like the girls, if people are hiding whom they like from each other and if people are using each other to get closer to another person. So if you are a girl and you like drama this is definitely the book for you.

2 comments:

Brittany Mata said...

I love this series too. I am starting to read the next book. I think that you should too. In the third one it starts to get boring but there is a big twist. Great Job Abby!

Nicole Lee said...

What a realistic portrayal of adoloescent life! You have chosen well, Abby. Although I must admit that this is not a book I would normally be interested in reading, I know plenty of people who would be. I also believe that you wrote a lovely review.