Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twilight-Brianah Arredondo

The novel that I selected was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I chose this novel because it is an outstanding book. I first read it because my friends suggested it to me. They said that it was amazing. The other books that they had recommended were really god, so i figured that I would try it. This book beat out all the others. When I read the criteria for this project, I immediately knew that I was going to review Twilight. You should definitely read this book! (If you haven't already)The book Twilight is about a vampire who falls in love with a human, forbidden love. What happens in this book is that Edward and Bella fall madly in love. Because Edward is a vampire,he doesn't need to sleep. Instead, he watches over Bella every night while she is asleep. One day, while the Cullens, Edward's family"(Jasper,Alice, Rosalie, Emmet, Esme, Carlisle), and Bella were playing baseball in a field. Then, another group of vampires came along. They smelled Bella and were attracted to her scent. James, the leader, went to attack and Edward and the Cullens immediately put up a defense. Edward took Bela away. To try and confuse James, Edward and Bella split up. Bella goes to hide in a hotel in Phoenix where her mom is. Everything was going okay until Bella gets a call from James when he tells her that he has her mom. Bella then has to go to her old ballet studio, where James attacked her. Luckily, the Cullen family jump in and save Bella before James kills her. However, she has several broken bones. Edward realizes that James had bit Bella, and sucks the venom out of her before it can turn her into a vampire. When they all return to Forks, Washington(where they live) , Edwar and Bella attend their high school prom. Bella tries to convince Edward to turn her into a vampire, but he refused. The quote I chose was "''What a stupid lamb' I sighed. 'What a sick masochistic lion' ." I chose this quote because it really represents a huge part of what the book is about. This quote is about true love.
This quote is saying that even though it hurts Edward to be with Bella, he is willing to make the sacrifice. As long as nothing gets too out of hand, Edward didn't care what he had to do to be with Bella, he wasn't leaving her. That is really big in this story. Up until the moment that Bella's life was threatened, he wasn't leaving her. Bella knew that being around Edward, there was a chance that she could be killed. However, she loved him too much to leave him. Bella was just as st upid and weak as a lamb. She had no way to defend herself if Edward lost control. That was a chance that she would take. That is true love.The rating system I chose was Robert Patinson. I chose this raring system because he plays one of the main characters in the movie. In the movie, Robert Patinson plays Edward, the main vampire. I give this book 10 Edward's out of five because there is no word to describe how great this book is. To say this this book is incredibly amazing is an understatement.
I highly recommend this book(and so would a ton of other people who have read it). This book would be best enjoyed by teenagers and young adults. I wouldn't let anyone under thirteen read this book. The content of this book is for more mature people. One warning I would give is that this book has some sexual content, nothing too big though. I would never say anything bad about this book. I think that anyone who reads this would think the same.

No comments: