Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marley and Me: By John Grogan; Jessica Issaranupast

Jessica Issaranupast

English, Period 2

November 18, 2008

Marley and Me: by John Grogan; I selected this book out of all the other books you would find in the library because I heard that this book was a fun, and exciting book. My best friends were reading it to. The librarian even read this book out of all the others and told me I've picked the right book to check out. I love dogs because they're so energetic and fun and when I saw the cover it had a dog on it so I had to get it.

If you love dogs this would be the book for you. It's about a neurotic dog that teaches a family of what really matters in life. It all starts when John and Jenny a loving couple living in their dream house. Then they bring home a puppy that causes big trouble. I mean big! He would eat up anything in sight and tear up everything. Marley was a trust worthy dog and as you read the book. He becomes a hero of the city and teaches everyone a lesson that unconditional love comes in many forms.

The best quote in this book for me is "Life and Love with the world's worst dog." It describes a lot about the main character of the book and yes it's Marley the Golden Retriever. This quote mostly describes about Marley and the lovely couple John and Jenny. Marley is the worst dog you could find because he will destroy everything, but at the same time he'll always be there waiting to play with you and keep everyone happy!

I would give this book a rating of 5 stars out of five because it really touched my heart. While I was reading this book you get to actually feel like you want to just tell the world that love can come from anywhere. Five stars is because John Grogan did a pretty good job writing this book. He added descriptive language so then when you close your eyes you can picture it in your mind. I don't really like books, but this book really caught my eye. It had some funny, sad, and loving moments while reading about the world's worst dog.

Read this awesome book . . . it will touch your heart, teach you a lesson and probably might make you think of getting a dog. I would rate this book a 5 out of out 5! This book is aged appropriate for children 10 and up. There's no sexual contain, drugs, and there is no bad language. So check it out this book from your local library now!! Marley and Me: by John Grogan.


2 comments:

Amelia said...

Good reveiw! Sounds like a good book

Nicole Lee said...

I've heard many promising things about this novel. Your review has only confirmed my decision to read it. All in all, Marley sounds like a sweet dog.