Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twilight-Ashley Medrano

Medrano, Ashley

English, per.6

November 20, 2008

Twilight

The book I chose to read for my 8th grade blog was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The reason I chose this book was for about three reasons. Stephenie Meyer is one of my favorite authors and she just captures you with the way she writes. The detail in the book makes you think and feel that you're in the story yourself. The last reason is that it's my favorite book. I've read it four times and still not tired of it. I felt that this was the perfect book for me to write about.

Twilight is a vampire love story and it kind of takes the lead of Romeo and Juliet. Bella, one of the main characters, moves to Forks, Washington to spend the remainder of her high school life with her father. In the book Bella describes Forks as an "alien planet" because it's over flowered with green plants. Bella makes friends and a young man captures the corner of her eye while in the cafeteria. Her friend tells her that his name is Edward Cullen. When Bella encounters an incident with a truck, Edward, and herself in the hospital she immediately becomes suspicious about him. After many attempts of figuring what he is she later comes with a conclusion……. VAMPIRE. They fall in love, which is forbidden between a vampire and a human, and become close to each other. At a Cullen Family baseball game three vampires are lured to the scent of Bella's blood. Edward and his family are called vegetarians because they only drink animal blood, which is humane. One of the vampires, James, tracks down Bella and tricks her back to Phoenix to her old ballet studio because he threatens to kill her mom. In fear of spoiling the rest I'm going to stop and leave everyone at suspense.

My favorite Twilight quote is said by Edward, "What if I'm not the superhero, what if I'm the bad guy." It reminds me of a warning that doesn't process probably. He's trying to explain in some way that she should stay away because he can hurt her in a second. This is one of the most famous lines from the book and I memorized the entire passage. Also it fits in with the entire theme of forbidden love. Keeping Bella away from him protects her but; they're too much in love to stay away.

I used ballet shoes as my rating system to represent the epic battle at the ballet studio. I chose this because I thought it would be a good way for readers to see that it's not all about apples and cold pale hands. If I was to rate the book out of five I would totally give it a six. The book is a very compelling love story and I would like people to know that there is a lot of action and epic moments too. So my rating would be 6/5!!!

I would recommend this book for teenagers only because there is a few things that is PG-13. There is a lot of kissing, intense moments in the book, and mild language. All my friends already read the book thanks to a recommendation from someone. So if your into love/action/vampires/werewolves (known as Jacob Black in New Moon) then this is the book for you.

I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!

No comments: