Thursday, November 13, 2008

Princess In Waiting-Lauren Kim

Kim, Lauren

English, Per. 2

November 12, 2008

Intro: The book I read was called Princess In Waiting. The author is Meg Cabot. This book is the fourth series of The Princess Diaries. When I was getting this book, I was at the Sherman Oaks library trying to figure out what book I should read. I went to the junior high section where there are many love stories. While I was looking at the books, I saw the whole Princess Diaries series. I thought to myself, "Since I already read the first book, and I liked it very much, I should find the second book of the series." I was trying to look for the second book but I did not know that the number was on the front cover. (I was looking at the side of the book). I picked a random book which was this one and borrowed it from the library. Then I noticed that I took the fourth book of the series. It was too late to borrow a different book now. This book was okay for me because it included the main characters in it.


Body Paragraph # 1: This book is about a princess, named Mia, who takes her winter vacation off at her home town which is Genovia. While she is there, she is worrying about her boyfriend named Michael Moscovits because they only got to talk and message each other 2-3 times. She even forgets Michael's special event!!! When the vacation is over, Michael asks Mia if she would like to go to their first date. Mia says yes but can't go because her Grandma shows up and makes her go to a black-and-white ball. Fortunately for Mia, she doesn't have to go. Since Mia cancels her first date, she thinks Michael will break up with her.


Body Paragraph #2: "And now," Grandme`re said, very sadly," I have to tell her that my granddaughter doesn't love me enough to put aside her new boyfriend for one single night." This is a quote from the book. It has important meaning because Mia's grandma, named Grandme`re, acts like she is crying and uses it to make Mia go to the ball. Then, Grandme`re makes Mia's cousin, Prince Renaldo, to dance with Mia.

Body Paragraph #3: I would like to rate this book 4 hearts out of five (♥♥♥♥) because it sometimes repeating itself. I chose the hearts because I couldn't find any other symbols that would be related to this book. I also chose this rating symbol because it is a love story. (Warning: there is some sexual contents in this book).



Conclusion: I would recommend this book because: #1 if you like to read a lot, you could use this book as a book you read this year on the "reading paper". #2: you might like princess books. And #3: if you like to know what last year's news was, there is a lot of last year's news so this book is "in fashion." I recommend for girls to read this book because it mostly girl stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty cool. I've seen the first two books at the library, but i never read them. and i do like a good princess book. i think that next time I'm at the library I'll check out and read the whole series (which will probably take a week or two. LOL)

avetisyan ane said...

i read this book once but i didn't like it, but after how you wrote about it i might just read it again

Simona Stark said...

I read this book once before and i liked it at the time. After reading your report it kind of made me want to read it again. However, i don't think i would still like it as much as i did two years ago.