Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Clique-Ross, Brianne

Ross, Brianne
English, Period 4
November 9, 2008

The Clique


The author of The Clique is Lisi Harrison. I got introduced to the book from my friend. For my birthday a couple years ago, she the got me the first and second book from the series. I wasn't interested at first. When I entered middle school my homeroom teacher announced that we would need to have a book to read everyday. I went home and decided to check out the clique. I started the book and loved it. I ended up reading the whole series.

The clique is about a group of girls called the PC in Westchester, New York at Octavian Country Day School. PC stands for Pretty Committee. The members of the PC are Massie, Alicia, Dylan, and Kristen. Massie is a pretty rich girl. Alicia is a gorgeous rich girl whose dad is a lawyer. Dylan is a pretty rich girl, her mom host a daily show on TV called the Daily Grind. Kirsten is pretty, but a little on the poor side, with a mom that is super protective. A new girl Claire comes to Westchester. She moves out there to find a new house. But for the meantime, while they are looking for one, she is forced by her parents to live with Massie at her house. Claire is not into high fashion, unlike the PC. Claire is an LBR according to the PC. LBR stands for Loser Beyond Repair. She is defiantly not PC material. The PC treats Claire like a piece of dirt. Claries goal is to become a member of the PC so that she will survive life at school.

"The Clique…the only thing harder then getting in, is staying in." This quote from the book has great significance because it shows that The Clique is a lucky thing to be a part of. The PC are not the nicest girls in town.

I would give this book 5 lipsticks. This is a great book. It's really captivating. Once you start reading it, you can't stop, you never want to put it down. The Clique is the first book, but there are 9 in the whole series and they are all great. If you are a girl, I know you will enjoy this book as much as I did.

This book is fantastic. If you are a girl you should definitely read it. Its full of exciting drama and gossip. If you like hearing about drama, its fun to read. It's about girls our age. I wouldn't recommend it if you are a boy. For mainly girls 12 to 15. Its fun because its about girls in middle school, and all of the exciting stuff that goes on. But the great thing about it is your not part of it. (Warning: do not read if you are a boy, may include some language.)

3 comments:

oliver adams said...

This book sounds entertaining. But im not going to read it because you said it was a girl book

Alex Weitzman said...

Brianne you did a really good job! I read this book and I enjoyed it very much. I went onto the second book but it wasnt my favorite. I think I might go and read the series again.

Thomas Wenk said...

Nice. I like the way you used lipstick as your rating system because all the girls are superficial.