Wednesday, November 19, 2008

my book report

Erica Burrows

Per 6, English

11/19/08

Boy Toy by Barry Lyga

I read Boy Toy by Barry Lyga. I picked this book for one reason and one only. I was bored, and was waiting for my sister to finish up on her computer at the library. I had walked over towards the teen section when I realized that I didn't ever look on the very top shelf. I stood up on my tippee toes and grabbed a random book. I started reading it and thought that it wouldn't be all that bad to read. It seemed like a good book. I read it and did it for the book report.

This book is about a boy Josh. He was only 13 years old when everything changed. He was at middle school at this time, so he got new teachers every year. That year he got a big chested, skinny, beautiful women as his history teacher. All the guys were drooling over her including Josh. He didn't notice this at the time, but he had eventually fallen in love with her. She asked what he had felt towards her and he explained all of his feelings and wet dreams he was having over her. She loved him just as much. She started kissing him. As time went on it went further from kissing and his life had changed forever.

My favorite quote would probably be what Josh had thought in his mind when he was being questioned. "Is Eve pregnant? Did I make her pregnant?" This is a very important part of the story for many reasons. One of those reasons was that the cops were asking him what kind of protection Josh and Eve had been using. He didn't know, so he didn't answer the question. After a little while he started freaking out thinking he got her pregnant. I thought that she wouldn't be pregnant because she was married for a long time and didn't have any children. To me is just seemed obvious.

The reason why I picked someone playing video games for my rating systems was for one reason. That reason is that whenever he went over to Eve's house he would always play video games. He didn't have a game system at home, so he was very happy to have a teacher like Eve. She didn't care what he did, as long as she got her work done.

This book is probably one of my favorite books I have ever read for a book report. This is because it is a romance novel. I love romance anything as long as it isn't like the corny kind of love story. I also love this book because of the moral. That being anything can happen to anyone, but only you can make it seem like it never happened. That means that you can have something really bad happen to you. Nobody can make that go away, but you can change your life and keep on living as a happy person. If you love romance novels than this is the book for you. If I was to give this book an age preference, I would probably say 10th grade and up.

WARNING: Contains SEX, FOUL LANGUAGE, and INAPPROPRIATE CLOTHING DESCRIPTION.

No comments: