Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cirque Du Freak-A Living Nightmare---- Miguel Zumaya

Miguel Zumaya
English Per. 6
11/18/08

Cirque Du Freak- A Living Nightmare
By: Miguel Zumaya
The book that I read is called A Living Nightmare. The author of this book is Darren Shan. I selected this book in the 6th grade in Ms. Axelson's class I was looking at the books that she had and this book just caught my eye it was as if it was calling out to me. So I picked it up and I read the back of the book and it just sounded like an awesome book so I read and it was great. It was one of the best books I have ever read so far in my life. And a movie is coming out soon ain't gonna miss that!

It is about a group of friends who hear about a circus that is coming to town and they all get jazzed up to see the Cirque Du Freak, but they only raise enough money for two people to go. So they put two pieces of paper in a hat and through the hat into the air thus releasing the papers and whoever catches the papers gets to go and Steve jumps up and gets the first one and Darren Steve's best friend lifts his hands in the air and closes his eyes and a sudden wind blows and falls into Darren's hands. So they both go together and the show was at midnight and when they get to there seats they see some extraordinary things like a man that eats anything a nothing bad happens. And a man there leader was a guy named Mr. Tall who was extremely tall. But the weirdest thing that they saw that night was a man who tamed this spider that would command to his every command, but he would use a flute to command it. And after the show they actually thought that it was real and Steve goes wandering off and the spider bites Steve and it was not a regular spider so Darren finds Steve and goes for help with the owner which was Larten Crepsley. And Darren finds out that Mr. Crepsley is a vampire! And for Darren wants to save his friends life he must become a vampire and end his life as Darren Shan to save his friend.

I chose this quote because it really set the tone for the rest of the books because I red the whole series and it was true. The quote was "Are you sure you want to do this, your life will never be the same starting today." It was said by Mr. Crepsley right before he ended Darren's life and gave him the birth of a whole new life Full of things that he may not understand or never even thought that he would have understood in his life. But he agreed to save his "best friends" life.
1 2 3

I chose the spider to be my rating chart because it was the main reason that Darren had to change his life in the first place. It was the main thing in the story that really created the conflict of Steve dying. And thus making Darren risk his life to save him. The 3 would be the fantastic best book ever, the 2 would be that it is an okay book, and a 1 would be it was a waste of my time I can't believe I read this. I personally Give it a 100 of course.

I really absolutely loved this book because it was awesome. And if you like thriller and suspense this is the book for you. And it is filled with vampire stuff so if vampires fascinate you this is your calling. And there are no reasons whatsoever that a person would not read this book it is common sense that it is great. I only have one warning if vampire blood and death bothers you and if you are squeamish it is not for you, but it still rules.

8 comments:

javid ghaemmaghami said...

I like the spiders Miguel. Nice but I really don't get why spiders.

Aida Rodriguez said...

I've heard of this series before. Mostly in 6th grade, but this time I think I really might read it. Especially because it sounds like my type of book. Plus, I need a new series to replace Twilight. You did an amazing job with your essay. You got me excited to read this, Thanks.

Ulises Garcia said...

The book sounds amazing and now i feel like reeding it.thats very cool how you used the spiders as ur rateing system. im in need of a good book to read and i think u helped me find it

Unknown said...

that is so funny how thecircus guys name is Mr.Tall and he is tall. That is so amazing. I think i am gonna read the book since i love vamppires and i love thriller books. thnku.

Ulises Garcia said...

This book sounds interesting.I have been looking for a good book to read latley and you helped me find it. Thats cool how you used the spider as your rating system having to do with the spider.

Avital Avraham said...

I read that book too!
It was an amazing book and i hope you liked it as much as i did.

Kian Maalizadeh said...

I read this book too in Mrs. Axelsons class I remember how sad it was at the end. I also couldn't believe that Dann got that spider he was insane!

Tony Flores said...

I've heard of this book. It is a cool book from what I read. The rating system of spiders were cool. I think I'll begin to read the series.