Friday, November 21, 2008

Night-Tony Flores

Flores, Tony
Period 6 English
November 20,2008

Night by Elie Wiesel

The book I decided to read in the past days was Night by Elie Wiesel. I chose this book because it was really interesting and fascinating. I picked this book out randomly. I started to read the book and it caught my attention. Then, I decided to do a little research on the author, Elie Wiesel. I understood the book better after reading the author's biography. The book Night was based on Elie Wiesel's life. The book kept getting more interesting as I kept reading further and further. This book builds up suspense and keeps you waiting until the next thing happens. This book was so great that I am going to begin to read the other great books he made. I will soon start to read The Forgotten by Elie Wiesel.

The book is mainly about a boy and his father's story as they go threw humiliation, torture, and a concentration camp. The main character is the boy, Eliezer. The boy is Jewish and his father, which his name is not mentioned in the book, is a Jewish leader. It doesn't say he is a rabbi ,though. The boy was around during the Holocaust. The German officials capture all the jews in the small town of Transylvania. Then, they seperate the useless and burn them. The rest of them go to concentration camp in Buchenwald. Eliezer doesn't suffer as much as the father, but Eliezer still suffers with the pain of his father in his heart. Eliezers father soon becomes weak and sick. Eliezer feels his pain, but he can't do anything about it. All he can do is look-out for himself and live through all the pain and torture of the Germans.

"Eliezer...Eliezer..tell them not to hit me...I haven't done anything...Why do they keep hitting me?" This is the quote I used. It was said by Eliezer's father. Eliezer's father was very sick at the time and most of the people who were at the camp took advantage of him. They beat him with what ever they had at hand. They even stole the little food they gave him. Eliezer wanted to do something, but couldn't. His father was being abused in front of Eliezer's face, and Eliezer could only watch in horror. Eliezer was dissapointed of himself. He wished he could do something. This was the most tragic event in Eliezer's life.

I made a rating system for this book. I used moons as my rating sytem because of the title of the book, Night. I thought of two other rating systems, but they weren't good. I would rate my book 4 out of 5. This book had an amazing, real, and thorough story. It was a great story, but it lacked some enthusiasm. I believe it was because of the type of story. It still made a great must read book. It is a great novel.

I recommend this book to people from their teens to the senior age. This is a great book to catch up on some history. You learn a lot on how to survive in times of crisis. This book also inspires you in many ways, to keep heading to your goal even though you have to pass through obstacles. Another thing is, always be patient something good may come out. This book would be perfect for seniors who lived around that time and for others who would like to learn some History trivia.
Warnings: Violence, Warcraft

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a very interesting non-fiction novel. Although, it sounds so awful that Elie had to watch his father get beaten. I would definitely want to read this book during my spare time.




-Daniel Seflinger

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a very interesting non-fiction novel. Although, it is awful that Elie had to watch his father get beaten. I would definitely want to read this book during my spare time.




-Daniel Seflinger

Kian Maalizadeh said...

That's really sad what happened to all those people in WW2 I will pick this book up I like these kind of books

Daniel Seflinger said...

It sounds like a very interesting non-fiction novel. Although, it is awful that Elie had to watch his dad get beaten. I would definitely want to read this book during my spare time.

Unknown said...

miguel zumaya- wow tony this book sounds really cool especially about how the jewish kid gets seperated and i hope he gets back to where he is supposed to be. I might read it but i will not promise anything.