Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Mysterious Letter-Mata,Brittany

The book I chose to talk about in this blog is Nancy's Mysterious Letter by Carolyn Keene. My 5th grade teacher Ms. Steinberg told us about her series she has made and told us to check them out. She made us read the book for a book report. I soon realized that I loved Carolyn Keene's books. I chose this book out of all the books in her series because I felt like I would never get tired of reading it. I thought that I could read this book during the most boring day and have it be the most interesting day just because of this book. I knew that before I went to bed I would be itching to read a little bit more. I soon found out I was right! This book is a mystery. Mystery books have always been my thing since I was little. I have read 4 books this year, Ida B, So B It, Nancy's Mysterious Letter, and The Devils Arithmetic. Out of these books, Nancy's Mysterious Letter would be my number one pick. If you are looking for a book like this, then I would suggest this book.

The series includes the characters Nancy Drew, who is a detective who could solve any crazy or impossible mysteries in River Heights. Her father, Carson Drew is the best, most honest and respected attorney in River Heights. Her best friend Ned Nickerson has always been there for Nancy during almost every mystery. Her other friends Bess Marvin, and George also assist Nancy Drew in her wacky mysteries.

Nancy's Mysterious Letter is about a letter that has gone missing. It was supposed to be given to Nancy Drew and the letter was from Paris. Mr. Nixon, the mailman, said it was about a mystery in Paris having to do with a man named Fleetfoot Joe. Fleetfoot Joe automatically because a suspect. Nancy reports it to the River Heights Police station immediately. Along the way Nancy and her crew run into some crazy traps and she makes it through all of them, but there's one where she has trouble solving. Can Nancy crack the case of the Mysterious Letter?

Nancy screamed in anger, "There he is, that's..." I picked this quote because it is used often in this book. This quote can be used in many ways. In this case it's used for the villain. It takes a while to find out who the villain is. Nancy Drew had many suspects, three to be exact. Fleetfoot Joe, Mr. Nixon, and the Principal of Emerson College. In the end it's down to Fleetfoot Joe and Mr. Nixon. The end is for you to find out.

For this book I have chose envelopes as my rating icons, because this whole story is about how a letter that has gone missing and its been put into the wrong hands. I have chosen the rating system to be put into 5 different categories. One envelope says you like the plot of the book but you're just not into reading this book. Two envelopes say that you are probably going to be reading this book whenever you have a project that says you have to read a mystery book. Three envelopes says you are definitely are putting this book on your Christmas List. Four envelopes say you are going to walk to the nearest bookstore and buy it. Five envelopes says that you absolutely love this book even though you haven't already read it and you are going to run to the nearest bookstore and buy it.

Some reasons why you would want to read this book is because you will never get bored of this book. There is always a twist that you will never expect. You could say this book is a mess. There's more than one problem, and Nancy is always running into trouble every way she goes. Another reason you would want to read this book is because you could relate to Nancy Drew. She is a teenager who has all the girl problems everyone gets. I love to read books where you could relate to the main character or any character at that. If you like to read mystery books with twists, this is the book for you!!


--
Brittany M.

3 comments:

Alex Weitzman said...

Brittany you did a great job! I saw Nancy Drew the movie I just never took the time out to read the books. This book sounds interesting I think I might have to rate it 4 envelopes. Just like you I love mystery books with twists.

internationallyexquisite said...

Great job, Brittany. I don't particularly like mystery books, but this sounds like an exception. I think that I am starting to read more and more mystery books as I am getting older. I want to start with reading this book and then probably move onto more Nancy Drew books.

Edden Brown said...

Well written brittany! Great Job. I love reading Nancy Drew books too. I like reading mystery books, I can never put it down. I stopped reading those kind of books for a while and I regretted it. Hopefully Im going to start again.