Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eragon- Oliver Adams

Oliver Adams

English Period 4

11-14-08

This book is called Eragon. It was written by Christopher Paolini. I recommend this book for many reasons. For one it is in a series that is one of my favorites. Why I selected this book was because it is a vivid book with a lot of imagination that captures the reader. The plot is great and there are more to come so the book isn't over. Out of all the books I've read this is one of the best, if you like Harry Potter, or any other book like that you will like this book. I highly recommend it and encourage you to read it.


Basically this book is about a boy names Eragon. He finds a dragon egg and then has to travel to the Varden. On the way he fights many battles any meets a lot of interesting people. He is the only hope for a new world that doesn't consist of tyranny and evil. If he fails then so will the entire world. There are many interesting characters in this book. For one, Eragon, he is a farm boy that is really poor. He was hunting and then he finds a dragon egg. He then travels across the world and fights in a huge battle between the king and the rebels. Another character is Brom. He lives in Eragon's small village and helps him find his way to the Rebel base. There is also Murtagh. He is a random person that helps Eragon and rescued him many times.


The Shade's countenance darkened " Then I will force it from you!" His sword whistled through the air and Eragon deflected it with his shield. As soon as that happened he felt a mental probe attack his mind. I chose this quote with a lot of thought. It had a lot of action and describes a lot of what goes on in the story. It also makes the reader want more. Trust me it was a good quote. There is a lot of adventure too. How many books have epic battles and shades?


If I were to rate my book I would rate it a 9 out of 10. And the Symbols would be **********. That's pretty good. It's an A in any class. And my opinion is very accurate. An A is a good grade by me. I have read a lot of books in my time and had only read a couple 9 out of 10's.


In the end Eragon is a great book and I recommend it to anyone. It has a lot of detail too. I read Eragon when I was in 5th grade. I still remember everything, that just proves how great of a book it was. It is a book for any age and every type. It has all of the genres in it too. I have recommended this book to some people and they said that it was great and they loved it. So I can guarantee you that you will find this book interesting and maybe you will love it they way I do. Thank you for listening and hope you enjoy this great book.

1 comment:

Thomas Wenk said...

Great review. Your summary was great and let me get the full view of the book. I really dislike Harry Potter but this book sounds interesting and i might just swing by my local library and pick up a copy.