Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stormbreaker-Nick Kushnir


Nick Kushnir English Per 6 November 19,2008 I read Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz. I read this book because I saw my friend reading it and it looked pretty cool. He told me it was a part of the Alex Rider series and said it was a really good book. So I bought the entire set and it really was good after all. I loved the book and am now reading the second one Point Blanc. The book was about a 14 year old boy named Alex Rider, whose uncle worked for a secret organization known as MI6. Their like the British version of the CIA. His uncle was sent on a spy mission but got killed on his way back to report the intelligence. So the MI6 sent Alex in instead of his uncle and had him working as a spy. He was spying on a company that was making computers called Storembreakers, and was giving them away for free to all the schools in England. M-16 thought that this was too good to be true, so they got suspicious. Later on you find out that there really is a great problem with the Stormbreakers, which Alex through his exciting adventure will stop. There were very many important parts in the book. "Ian Riders luck ran out on his last mission." That was a quote from the book. Ian Rider was Alex's uncle. He was a spy just like Alex but got killed on one of his missions. That is the only reason why they sent Alex in. Alex never even would have known of MI6 if Ian Rider hadn't died.

-------
I give this book a nine-teen out of twenty. I use lightning bolts as my rating system because the book is called Stormbreaker. It is also because the Stormbreaker computers in the book have a lightning bolt on the side of them. Personally I think it deserves all twenty points, but some people might dislike the fact that some parts made the story unrealistic. Again this is a great book. You should definitely read it, it is filled with tons of action and suspense. It has a great story. It also contains the ending really well. It gives you so many clues on what the ending might be. But never gives enough to give it away. If you like realistic fiction, or action filled novels, you should really try this book. Although you should be careful about some of the inappropriate language in the book.

2 comments:

AnDrEa MaCkEy said...

Strombreaker-I loved this book too!! You did a great review on the book. I liked the quote you used, it totally made sense. If his uncle hadn't had died, Alex wouldn't have been sent on missions(but then again, maybe he would have because of his dad being a spy and all), and then he wouldn't have....(oops I almost gave away the ending). Good review, I like all the lightning bolts(wow 19, It took me awhile to get to the rest of the review). I love spy books, I love Stormbreaker!

:)Andrea:)

Unknown said...

Hey Nick. Funny how you me and Harrison all did the same book. Anyway, I still agree, it was a great book. The suspense practically murders you, and keeps you on your toes, or, whatever you stand on while reading...

Anyway, great book, and I also love the giant jellyfish.