Friday, November 14, 2008

Congo-Daniel Dominguez

Daniel Dominguez


Period 2


November 14,008



Congo



The title of a great book is Congo, the brilliant author is Michael Crichton. Well I first heard about this book when it was on a list for book report selections. I didn't choose it for the book report, but then my aunt lent it to me after I found it on her book shelf. I thought since I never read it for the book report, why not see on what I missed out. It was an excellent decision.


The story takes place at a head quarters in Dallas Texas. Then an expedition to the Congo jungle goes completely wrong. All that is transmitted was a dark figure destroying the campsite of that unlucky group. Then some arrangements are made, and a woman named Karen Ross leads a second expedition to find what went wrong with the other group. They're also in search of the lost Zinj, which is said to be made of pure diamonds. Joining her is a female gorilla named Amy, her trainer and guide named Munro. Unfortunately, other countries hear about the city of Zinj, so the race to the city begins. See how this adventure action filled book ends.


Well I found this quote to be very important in the story. The quote says I "I have some bad news about the Congo". This quote tells about the whole story in a couple of words. This story is about a quest for diamonds that went totally wrong. It's also about the discovery of a hundred year old myth. I believe it says all of that and that's why I chose it.


I would give this book a five out of five. I gave it a five because there were some really amazing parts. The book was great. I chose a monkey to rate this book, because the book mostly takes place in Congo Africa.


Five to four is great. Three to two is ok, and below two is bad. Please rate fairly. I guess I could some there is a little bit of explicit language.


I would recommend this book to anybody. To all the adventure lovers, the suspense lovers, and anybody who just loves reading. This book was really interesting for me. It took to adventure to the Congo jungle, and I met some pretty interesting characters. So if your up for a gorilla filled adventure to the jungle. Then read Congo, by Michael Crichton.


No comments: