Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Clique-Maya Smith

I recommend reading the series, The Clique, by Lisi Harrison. I decided to read them because i had a few friends reading the series and they loved it. I decided to read the first book and within the first few pages i was hooked. The book has so much detail.

The series is about 5 girls, Massie Block, Alicia Rivera, Kristen Gregory, Dylan Marvil, and Claire Lyons. They are very wealthy and they are very spoiled. They are considered alphas at their school. Massie is the leader of their alpha group. They have drama, as most school girls do. I find it interesting to read about things that I'm dealing with.

Massie has her famous disses, that she is known for. My favorite one is, "Do you have to use the restroom?, No I don't, Then, why do you seem so pissed?" Massie always has a good comeback for any situation. It shows her whole personality in that one sentence. She has an attitude and she is very quick witted.

The scale i have chosen is $ because they are so wealthy. 1-10, 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest. i rate this book $$$$$$$$$.

This series is geared towards teen girls. It does have some adult material in it. If you can handle that then this is the book for you. This series is so good because it is so realistic. When i read the books, i can picture myself dealing with some of the same problems. If you are looking for a book that will literally have you standing up to breathe, read these books. They are intense at parts that you cannot put the book down. I'm not a huge reader and when I do read it's a pretty big deal. I am always in the mood to read The Clique.

2 comments:

JD Huff said...

Maya,
It's great when you can read a book you relate to! Realistic fiction is my favorite kind! I would have liked to hear more details about your rating.
Mrs. Huff

Brittany Mata said...

Maya,
I loved you blog. I love to read books where you can relate to a problem or a character in the story. I am into mystery books right now, but I am now leaning towards novels. Great Job.