Sunday, November 16, 2008

Breaking Dawn-Addison Chiang

Chiang, Addison

English Period 4

November 16, 2008

The book I chose to read is Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. I chose this book because it's my favorite book. Breaking Dawn is the last book in the Twilight series. How I started to read this book was because of my cousin Andy. Andy was reading it over the summer and told me about the book. Later my brother asked Andy for Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse so he can read. Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse is the first three books before Breaking Dawn. My brother first read Twilight and told me I should read it, so I started to read it and I got addicted to it.

This book is about vampires and werewolves. In the beginning of the book Bella and Edward get married. Bella is a human while Edward is a vampire who can read peoples' minds but can't read Bella's. Bella gets pregnant after her honeymoon. Edward wants to get that thing out of Bella because it's killing her but she won't allow it. Jacob is Bella's best man and he doesn't like that thing either and he begs her to get rid of it but she still doesn't listen. As well Jacob is a werewolf. When the baby is coming out it breaks Bella's spinal cord and Edward tries to put as much poison in Bella for her to transform into a vampire so she doesn't die. Bella's baby is named Renesmee and she is half human, half vampire. After Bella becomes a vampire the Volturi, the strongest group of vampires, find out that the Cullens', Edward's family, they mistakenly think that they have created a new born vampire which is against the rules, they come after the Cullens'.

Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrupting your judgment.

Orson Scott Card

Empire

I chose this quote because it actually makes more sense than the other quotes. This one makes more sense than other quotes in the book because until Bella defeats her enemies she can't love Edward or her baby because they would be in danger.

I would give this book five vampires out of five.

I recommend this book to anyone who would want to read it. It's a very addicting book; once you star you can't stop. Their is action and romance in this book. And it it gives you perspective about what it means to be mortal and immortal. Warning: there are some sexual content in this book.

No comments: