Thursday, November 13, 2008

Burned-Sarah Kiarash

Sarah Kiarash
Period 2, English
November 14, 2008

The book I read for this book report was called Burned by Ellen Hopkins. I selected this book because one of my friends was describing to me how amazing the book was and how good the series was. I soon decided that I should read it for this blog. I also had a couple other books in mind but when I got to the book store I knew at once that I wanted to read this book.

The main character, Pattyn Von Stratten, has a very hard life. She soon discovers stepping out of her shell is really not that bad. After a few mishaps and bad behavior, her strict mormon parents soon had enough. Her father was a very bad man who made Pattyn's life very miserable. When her father found out about her misbehavior, he sent her off in the middle of no where to live with her aunt. This book is about her findings there and her difficulties to step away from it.

"Ethan pulled me close, repeated those words. I love you Pattyn." This quote signifies a lot from the book because Pattyn always felt unloved and not wanted. This quote shows how her going to stay with her aunt opened new doors and made her happier. I chose this quote because I think it was one of the most important quotes in the book that signified a lot.

If I were to rate this book I would give it:
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
The reason why I gave this book a five was because I think it was one of the most amazing, and touching books I have ever read. It shows courage, love, and strength from Pattyn in this book and I think that it shows girls everywhere that they can stand up for things they don't believe in.

I am recommending this book to girls 14 years of age and older. Three reasons why you would want to read this book is because it is a fast read, it is really entertaining, and its a very touching book. Although this book was amazing I do have some warnings. There is some sexual content in this book although not that bad, I do recommend to have it approved by a parent first.

4 comments:

oliver adams said...

This book sounds good. But you're not 14 and u recomended it for girls 14 and over

Anonymous said...

sounds good. although the second paragraph and summary and pictures didn't come up, it still sounds interesting from the quote and your description of the quote.TO THE LIBRARY

Alex Weitzman said...

Sarah you did a great job! This book sounds really interesting and I think i might have to borrow it from you. It sounds like a lot of teens would be able to connect to this. I also love when there is tradgedy in a book. You picked a good book!

Avital Avraham said...

This sounds really good!!
I love the heart icons you used.