Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'll Have To Kill You- Brianna Moncada



Brianna Moncada

English period 6

November 16, 2008



The book that I read for my book report was I'd tell you I love you but then I'll have To kill you by Ally Carter. I selected this book for 2 reasons. First, it's a spy book and I love to read spy book. They are always so fascinating. The second reason is the plot and everything is so exciting. From the moment I got the book I started reading it. When I finished the book I knew it was the right book to do the book report on.

The book is basically about a girl named Cammie Morgan. She attends an all girl's school the Gallagher Academy for exceptional young women outside of Washington D.C. Her mom is the headmistress of the school and her dad died on a mission. There they are taught martial arts, how to break CIA or NSA codes, covert operations, and how to speak fourteen different languages fluently. What they are not taught is how to handle situations with boys. When Cammie goes on a mission she meets an ordinary boy who thinks that she a normal home schooled girl who just moved, Cammie has no idea what to say or what to do. Cammie can't tell him the truth about herself. With help from her friends she knows what to do. But will Cammie go through all the trouble just to see this guy and choose him over her friends?

A favorite quote that liked in this book was from Cammie's friend Liz. "Well, I never thought you were someone who'd choose a boy over her friends!" I chose this quote because I think that is important. The important things or people in life should always come first. Cammie was spending too much time with the boy Josh that she didn't spend that much time with her friends. Cammie was addicted to Josh and was barely with her friends. She didn't want be seen with her friends because she didn't want to blow her cover. If I were her friend I would be mad because it feels like they forgot you exist. Having that feeling sucks because you feel like you're not important to them anymore. This quote is important in the book. It is true what Liz said. She was spending most of her time sneaking out to see Josh. Towards the end Cammie did start to realize what she was doing. But at the same time your friends shouldn't make you choose between a boy and them.

For the rating system of this book, I chose a spy. There are many reasons why I chose a spy for my rating system. It fits the theme of the book and what the Gallagher girls really are. They are mostly all going to be future spies. The picture represents then in the future and what they will be. There were other pictures to represent the book but this one fit the most.

I would recommend this book because the story is incredible, the way they describe everything, and shows how an agent in training is clueless about a simple topic- boys.

I would recommend this book to mostly girls. This seems like a girl book and boys would find it boring. It tells a story of how a girl falls in love with a guy. Girls would love to read this book. Before you read this book there are some warnings. If you are not allowed to read books that involve kissing, and violence then this isn't the best book for you. That's basically what you need to worry about.

3 comments:

Kian Maalizadeh said...

Cool review, I gotta watch out for those spy girls.

Olivia Lucero said...

I knew you would love the book Bri. I loved this book maybe as much as you did. Spy books are really interesting and you have good taste when it comes to reading. Had I not already read this book, I would have gone straight to the bookstore and bought it. By the way, nice blog.

Unknown said...

Hey Bri!!! I should've known you would have chosen a spy book for your blog review. I know how much you are truly fascinated with covert kickbutt spy books just by checking your reader's workshop for a year. This was a great blog review of the book. It would be so cool if we had a chance to go to that school. This novel sounds like an actionpacked book and I want to try reading it sometime. I never really read a spy book other than halfway through the book Stormbreaker. This sounds a lot more interesting than that book. It sounds like an awesome and cool book for teens like us to read.